It's that time of year again when you as a club get to nominate those worthy volunteers that give up hours to make clubs a success. If you think you have a worthy volunteer that fits into 1 of the categories below then please email Michelle Kent [email protected] and she can send you a nomination form.
ECB Grass Roots Awards Celebrating Cricket’s Superstars
2022 Nominations Categories
• Connecting Communities – A Club or community organisation which has gone above and beyond the call of cricket to support communities/groups coming back to the game we love.
• Inspired to play – An Individual or group within your club or community organisation going above and beyond to open the game up to new audiences.
• Rising Star Award – Young volunteer making a difference – 11 – 16-year-olds
• Game changer – Young volunteer 17 – 25-year-olds making a difference in the game.
• Unsung hero – Those heroes who impact our game and help us make cricket happen. This could be ground staff, coaches, officials, umpires, or other volunteers.
• Growing the game – A league volunteer, committee member, or administrator going above and beyond to support clubs and help increase the number of games played.
• Lifetime achiever – That one individual who has given many years of service to your club or community group you could not do without.
• Cricket innovators – Someone who has brought new ideas and/or implemented new systems to improve your club or community group.
• Safe Hands Award – An individual that has gone above and beyond to create a positive environment for young people to enjoy the game.
• Tackling Climate Change – A club or community organisation that is addressing the threat climate change poses to cricket, by making sustainable changes to operations, adapting their facilities and/or engaging their local community
• Volunteer Grounds Management Team of the Year - Aim would be to reward and recognise those volunteers who are making a real difference at clubs. Those who are working hard and improving the places where the game is played.