Leadership & Volunteering (14-16 Age Group)
A wide-ranging and interesting programme made up of 5 modules which represent a combination of the first steps towards coaching with leadership and associated life skills.
Would you like to add to your CV, would you like to help your school and community club, maybe this leadership course is for you?
‘The Enthuse Evening’ dates, when you can learn more about the programme are 11th and 18th March 2021, via zoom. To register your interest, please BOOK HERE – from here you will receive the log in details and how to pay.
- Activator coaching module: giving participants access to coaching opportunities during the summer
- Umpiring & scoring: to support match play and coaching activities.
- Groundskeeping: for essential background knowledge of playing surfaces and environmental awareness.
- First Aid: essential for coach support but a great life skill to have.
- Fundraising: finding creative solutions to sustain the programme for others.
All the courses are accredited and provided by the ECB/ACO/CGA/and a first aid training provider.
There is a subscription of £40 to join the programme to cover the cost of the course delivery and administration, all professional time to deliver the programme is donated voluntarily.
- The Young Leader offers a minimum of 20 hours back to their club/school/community.
- The club/school will provide a range of volunteering opportunities (additionally in some areas these might be with the county boards)
- Young Leaders are asked to work as a team to raise a target of at least £50 each in fundraising (their contribution to keep the cost down and ensure the sustainability of the programme)
The Young Leader earns a certificate for each of the modules they complete and for the minimum hours they complete
- Leadership skills gained through the self development characteristics of cricket
- Role model to younger members of your club
- Accredited Qualifications, self-development and life skills
- An insight into the social benefits of volunteering
- Hours can qualify for some Duke of Edinburgh Awards scheme levels
- Enhanced University Personal Statement and/or CV
Awards & Certificates
Successful Young Leaders that complete the programme with their hours and fund raising are invited to an awards ceremony at the end of the season.
On completion of the programme participants will receive:
- an ECB Activators Certificate of attendance (upon completion of volunteering 10 hours) vCricket rewards – ECB vCricket polo shirt, volunteering certificate and an invite to an end of season celebration (upon completion of volunteering minimum 20 hours)
- IOG certificate
- ACO certificate
- First Aid certificate of attendance
- Fundraising certificate
Participants will be required to volunteer for 20 or more hours in as many aspects of the running of the game as they can:
- Pitch preparation and ground maintenance
- Warm up
- Managing teams
- Kit management
- Results management
To ask more about the course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org