U9 / U11 Softball Festivals
Cornwall Cricket annually asks Cricket Clubs to host the U9 Softball festivals, we aim to run between 8-12 festivals a year, building on from the Dynamos Cricket format.
We recommend that the game format follows the Countdown cricket format played within Dynamos.
You can find the rules here
The 2023 U9 Countdown Cricket festivals (All Stars)
- Sunday 2nd July - Hayle CC 10:00 - 12:00 noon
- Sunday 9 July - St Austell CC 10:00 - 12:00 noon (Update: This event has been postponed until further notice) - 5th July 2023
The 2023 U11 (Softball) Dynamos Countdown Cricket Festivals are:
- Sunday 16th July - Hayle CC 10:00 - 12:00pm
- Thursday 27th July - Tideford CC 6pm - 8pm
- Friday 11th August - Wadebridge CC 6pm - 8pm
It is the hosts clubs responsibility to coordinate entries. If you would like to enter a team into a festival, please make sure you contact the host club to organise.
How to run the perfect festival
Under 9 festivals can be a wonderful opportunity to enthuse your players and parents, showcase your club in a positive light and provide opportunities for aspiring young officials, umpires and scorers with opportunities to have a go.
If your club agrees to host a U9 Softball Festival, some things to consider to provide the perfect festival would include…
- Pre-festival communications to all teams
- A briefing at the start of the day
- A clearly defined end time for the day
- A match schedule, ideally documented in a festival programme
- A ground layout, communicated in the festival programme
- First Aid provision
- Pavilion/Indoor space access
- Clean toilets
- Refreshments available
- Organised car parking
- Volunteers from the club to coordinate, umpire and score
- Clearly visible help desk/management desk
- Music / PA system
- Outdoor seating
- A presentation ceremony and prizes at the end
- Post festival thank you and communication conclusion