U9 Softball Festivals
Cornwall Cricket annually asks Cricket Clubs to host the U9 Softball festivals, we aim to run between 8-12 festivals a year, building on from the Dynamos Cricket format.
We recommend that the game format follows the Countdown cricket format played within Dynamos.
You can find the rules here
The 2021 U9 Countdown Cricket festivals can be found here:
- St Just CC - July 4 (11:00am - 3:00pm)
- Wadebridge CC - July11th (10:00am - 2:00pm)
- St Stephen CC - 18th July (1:00pm - 5:00pm)
- Falmouth CC - 25th July (10:00am - 2:00pm)
- Redruth CC - 1st August (10:00am - 2:00pm)
- Menheniot CC - 1st August (10:00am - 2:00pm)
- Perrenporth CC - 8th August (10:00am - 2:00pm)
- Werrington CC - 8th August (10:00am - 2:00pm)
It is the hosts clubs responsibility to coordinate entries. If you would like to enter a U9 team into a festival, please contact the club to organise.
How to run the perfect festival
Under 9 festivals can be a wonderful opportunity to enthuse your players and parents, showcase your club in a positive light and provide opportunities for aspiring young officials, umpires and scorers with opportunities to have a go.
If your club agrees to host a U9 Softball Festival, some things to consider to provide the perfect festival would include…
- Pre-festival communications to all teams
- A briefing at the start of the day
- A clearly defined end time for the day
- A match schedule, ideally documented in a festival programme
- A ground layout, communicated in the festival programme
- First Aid provision
- Pavilion/Indoor space access
- Clean toilets
- Refreshments available
- Organised car parking
- Volunteers from the club to coordinate, umpire and score
- Clearly visible help desk/management desk
- Music / PA system
- Outdoor seating
- A presentation ceremony and prizes at the end
- Post festival thank you and communication conclusion