- [email protected]
- 07785 722251
Cornwall Cricket County Pitch Advisors 2023:
East Steve Fry m 07767 251243 e-mail: [email protected]
West Jamie Stevens m 07737 312727 e-mail: [email protected]
Steve is the Tintagel groundskeeper and Jamie is employed by Penzance Cricket Club.
The Cornwall Association of Cricket Groundskeepers is supported by the GMA Regional South Cricket Pitch Advisor Phil Jeggo who is based in Essex but visits the county during the course of the year and attends the virtual CACG annual meeting.
The ECB Pitch Advisory Scheme is designed to improve grounds and groundsmanship across Cornwall, particularly at the recreational/non-professional level.
As part of the project, the pitch advisor is able to assess facilities on a standard that is recognised nationally and conforms to nationally accepted criteria (IOG Performance Quality Standards)
• Minimum performance quality standards.
• Consistent advice across England and Wales.
• Active response to clubs.
• Higher profile for groundsmanship.
• Accurate assessment of cricket priority sites.
•Proactive move between professional and voluntary sector.
1. Advise on the quality performance of specific pitches/squares and produce recommendations (where necessary) for any improvements.
2. To monitor the developments of any facilities (including non-turf (artificial) pitches) on which recommendations are being implemented.
3. Available, if required, to assess pitches/squares / non-turf (artificial) pitches.
4. Help build an effective Groundsmans Association.
The affiliated clubs and schools can take advantage of this service which provides either a “Short Pitch Report” or a “Formal Report”. The England & Wales Cricket Board sets the level of charges for this service at £75 for a short pitch report and £250 for a formal report.
The administration and co-ordination of the scheme will be organised by Joe Skinner Managing Director.
To book a visit from the Pitch Advisor