ECB Core Coach Course
Want to join the cricket coaching family? Not sure which course is right for you? Find the right course for you by clicking here
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
This course is for experienced cricketers and/or cricket coaches. This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead player-centred coaching sessions. An ECB Core Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
• Role of an ECB Core Coach
• Player-centred planning process
• Player development
• Core principles – batting, bowling (pace and spin), fielding and wicketkeeping
• Tactical, physical and mental skills
• Coaching tools
• Practice types
WHO IS IT FOR?
Anyone aged 17 and over, wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire and develop players and make a difference to the game
• Eight face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each including 2 observed coaching opportunities
• Six bitesize e-learning modules lasting 15-20 minutes each
• Multiple choice question assessment
• Short answer question assessment
PREREQUISITES FOR CERTIFICATION
- 18 years of age to certificate
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- ECB DBS - please click here to find out more
Please use your FULL LEGAL NAME (as stated on your ECB DBS) on sign up.
Please note places will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. We will not be able to reserve any places.
Please note that candidates must be available for all four of the dates advertised for the course and the closing date to register for a course will be TWO WEEKS before the start date if spaces have not been booked beforehand.