ECB Advanced Coach (Level 3)
Players need coaches with expertise, support and passion at every stage of their development. At all levels of the game coaches can make a difference to a player’s experience and help them enhance their performance.
The challenge for all coaches is to learn as they develop, just as players do. Therefore, the ECB have developed a programme that will help you challenge your current coaching practice and further your knowledge and understanding in a variety of areas.
This programme has been designed to build on your experiences and give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to help players improve their game as well as developing a wide area of expertise when coaching individuals, units and teams.
This course will comprise of the following content:
- Seam bowling
- Spin bowling
- Psychology and decision making
- Strength and conditioning
- Communication and leadership
- Talent identification
- Skill development
Who is it for?
For coaches working with players and teams all across playing environments that hold an ECB level 2 qualification or equivalent.
- Attendance at a selection day after short-listing
- 8 face-to-face days split between 3 modules held over a 3 month period
- Individual and group coaching with players in own environment linked to applied activities such as planning and reflecting
- Attendance at an assessment centre
- Commitment to working within the County Pathway, pre and post course
Pre-requisites for certification
- Emergency aid certificate
- Safeguarding certificate
- ECB Disclosure and Barring Service check
The ECB Advanced Coach course is not managed by Cornwall Cricket. Courses are organised and delivered centrally by ECB. If you are interested in obtaining the Advanced Coach qualification you will need to be put forward/Sponsored by Cornwall Cricket. Please make contact with the Cornwall Cricket Office if you are interested.
Details of upcoming courses can be found here