Cornwall Cricket Board can announce that Piran Kent has been employed as School and Club Development Officer for the West of Cornwall. Piran joins a proactive team under the Cornwall Cricket Board as an able replacement for Craig Williams who left us in the end of August.
Most will know Piran through his exploits through cricket at Redruth CC and most him as PK.
Piran will be tasked in delivering Schools coaching through the Chance to Shine programms and encouraging migration of those children into the clubs who look to take on All Stars and Dynamos Cricket.
Piran will also be available as a point of reference to all clubs in the West and will be making contact soon to touch base with you all.
This is an exciting development for Cornwall as Piran has been around cricket in the county for a number of years and as an up and coming young Cornish coach, has huge potential. Piran is fresh from completing a degree in Sports Coaching at Cardiff Metrapolitan University.
Piran's Responsiblities are:
- To be the School and Club Development Officer for the West of Cornwall
- Chance to Shine Schools coaching
- Promote the migration of school children into the club network
- Supporting the growth of the National Programmes, All Stars and Dynamos Cricket in the West of Cornwall
- To support clubs develop, volunteers Clubmark and junior programmes
- To grow U11 & U13 Development/District Cricket for talented young cricketers