In May 2017, the Cornwall Cricket Board appointed Simon Johnson, taking over from Kevin O’Kelly as the Cornwall ECB Pitch Advisor. Cornwall Cricket Board would like to thanks Kevin for his hard work over the last 5 years.
The ECB Pitch Advisory Scheme is designed to improve grounds and groundsmanship across Cornwall, particularly at recreational/non-professional level.
As part of the project the pitch advisor is able to assess facilities on a standard that is recognised nationally and conforms to a nationally accepted criteria (IOG Performance Quality Standards)
• Minimum performance quality standards.
• Consistent advice across England and Wales.
• Active response to clubs.
• Higher profile for groundsmanship.
• Accurate assessment of cricket priority sites.
•Proactive move between professional and voluntary sector.
1. Advise on the quality performance of specific pitches / squares and produce recommendations (where necessary) for any improvements.
2. To monitor the developments of any facilities (including non turf (artificial) pitches) on which recommendations are being implemented.
3. Available, if required, to assess pitches / squares / non turf (artificial) pitches.
4. Help build an effective Groundsmans Association.
The affiliated clubs and schools can take advantage of this service which provides either a “Short Pitch Report” or “Formal Report”. The England & Wales Cricket Board sets the level of charges for this service at £75 for a short pitch report and £250 for a formal report.
The administration and co-ordination of the scheme will be organised by Joe Skinner Cricket Development Manager. Please email to book a visit from the Pitch Advisor on 07785722251 or firstname.lastname@example.org
07934 299 827