Foundation 1 Course
ECB Foundation I Coach is a new coach development programme and qualification that has been created to help more people take their first steps into coaching cricket.
A blend of e-learning and face-to-face modules led by ECB Coach Developers will explore what coaching looks like, the impact you can have as an ECB Foundation I Coach, the skills you can help players to develop and how you can learn from your experiences.
This programme has been designed to give learners the knowledge, skills and confidence to coach cricket sessions that are active, purposeful, enjoyable and safe.
An ECB Foundation I Coach will be qualified to lead coaching sessions independently and without supervision.
It is now the entry level qualification required to coach cricket.
- Role of an ECB Foundation I Coach
- What does coaching look like?
- Coaching fielding, bowling and batting
- Foundation principles – fielding, bowling and batting
- The coaching tools
- Purposeful, Active, Safe, Enjoyable sessions
Who is it for?
- Anyone aged 17 and over wishing to become qualified to coach cricket, inspire players and make a difference to the game.
- 4 face-to-face modules lasting 3 hours each
- 7 bitesize e-learning modules lasting 10-15 minutes each
- 3 observed coaching opportunities during face-to-face modules and an online multiple choice questionnaire
Pre-requisites for certification
- 18 years of age
- Valid safeguarding training e.g. Safeguarding Young Cricketers
- ECB DBS – contact Michelle Kent / Joe Skinner / Chris Hunkin to initiate an application
Upcoming ECB Foundation I Coach programmes
Course 1: East and Mid County
14th and 21st March 2020: 10:00 – 5:00pm at Callywith College Bodmin – BOOK YOUR PLACE
Course 2: West and Mid County
19th and 26th April 2020: 10:00 – 5:00pm at the Cornwall Cricket Centre – BOOK YOUR PLACE