CORNWALL COUNTY CRICKET CLUB RULES as at October 2017
- The Club shall be called the Cornwall County Cricket Club.
- The Objects of the Club shall be:-
- a) To promote and organise cricket at inter-county level.
- b) To stimulate, foster and assist the further development of Cornish Cricket and cricketers.
- c) To provide opportunities for all things coincidental to the playing of County cricket, including the appropriate social, informative and financial structures.
- The Colours of the Club shall be Red, Yellow and Black. Caps, Blazers and Ties for capped players shall be Black with the Chough badge. The Tie, Leisure Sweaters and Blazers with the County badge may be worn by all Members.
- The Officers of the Club shall be the President, Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Captain.
- The Management of the Club shall be entrusted to a General Committee consisting of the Officers and sixteen other Members. Honorary Life Members shall be ex-officio members of the General Committee.
- a) The General Committee shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting. Members of the previous General Committee shall be eligible for nomination without further nomination. Any other nomination shall be submitted to the General Secretary in writing signed by the proposer and seconder to arrive not less than 21 days prior to the Meeting. The General Committee shall have power to fill any vacancy which may occur.
- b) The General Committee shall meet on a minimum of two occasions annually. One third of the total Committee shall constitute a quorum. Any Member of the General Committee who misses three consecutive meetings without reasonable cause shall cease to be a member or to be eligible for re-election and the vacancy shall be filled by the Committee
- c) The General Committee shall have the powers to appoint such Sub-Committees as may be desirable and as the Committee think fit. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to two additional members. The quorum for any such sub-committee shall be two. Unless otherwise authorised all sub-committees shall report to the General Committee
6, Any candidate for Membership of the Club, including Honorary Members, shall be approved by the General Committee. Every Member shall be supplied with a list of fixtures, and, with the exception of any specially advertised all pay matches, shall be entitled to free admission to the ground and enclosure at home matches. A Member shall also be entitled to take a partner into the enclosure without additional payment.
7 The scale of subscriptions and any change in such subscriptions, also the Committee’s recommendations for any Honorary Membership, shall be notified to the Membership for approval at the Annual General meeting. All subscriptions to become due on the 1st April each year. Any member whose current subscription shall not have been paid, following a request, by 30th September shall cease to be a member forthwith.
- The General Committee shall have the power to expel any member who shall offend against the Rules of the Club, such member to be notified in writing of the reasons for the expulsion not less than 14 days before a General Committee Meeting which he or she may indicate a wish to attend in order to appeal. In voting for expulsion a majority of two-thirds attending must be achieved.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held centrally within the County not later than the 31st day of March of any year. Notice of such meeting shall be sent to every member at least 14 days before the meeting and shall contain the Agenda and a copy of the Statement of Accounts for the year ended 31st December, which accounts shall first have been officially examined by an independent accountant.
The business to be conducted at the Annual General Meeting shall include the following:-
- a) The adoption of the Report of the General Committee.
- b) The presentation and if accepted the approval of the accounts for the previous year.
- c) The election of the Officers and Committee.
- d) To appoint an independent Accountant.
- e) To receive a report of the developments and preparations for the coming season.
- f) The consideration and, if approved, sanction of any alteration of the rules.
- g) The consideration of annual Subscriptions and any amendments.
- h) To receive from the membership any matters for consideration by the General Committee.
- A Special general meeting of the Club shall be called upon the request of the General Committee or upon requisition signed by not less than 5% of the membership, or 15 members, whichever is the larger number, specifying their reason. Notice of such a Meeting and its Agenda shall be sent to each Member and affiliated body at least 14 days before the meeting.
- At any General Meeting 15 members shall constitute a quorum.
- The General Committee shall have the power to deal with any matter not provided for in these rules, and in the interpretation of the rules, any decision taken to be binding upon the Club and Members at that time.
- The General committee having the funds, property and assets of the Club vested in it, shall be empowered to make any arrangements which it considers to be needed to ensure their well-being.
- A copy of these rules shall be available to any Member upon request with a copy available for inspection at all Club functions.
- These rules may be altered or repealed only at the Annual General Meeting or at a Special General Meeting called for such purpose. Details of any proposed change must be inserted in the Notice convening the Meeting.
16. The income and property of the club, whencesoever derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of
the objects of the club as set forth in these rules and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, by way of payment, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit, to the members of the club and no member of its General Committee shall be appointed to any office of the club paid by the salary or fees, or receive any remuneration or other benefit in money or moneys worth from the club PROVIDED that nothing shall prevent any payment in good faith by the club:
(a) of reasonable and proper remuneration and for reasonable out of pocket expenses to any member, officer or servant of the club (whether or not being a member of the General Committee) for any services rendered to the club.
(b) of reasonable and proper rent for premises demised or let by any member of the club or its General Committee.
- If upon winding up or dissolution of the club there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities,
any property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the club, but shall be given or transferred to some charitable institution or some institutions having objects similar to the objects of the club and which shall prohibit the distribution of its or their income and property among its or their members to an extent at least as great as it is imposed on the club, such institution or institutions to be determined by the members of the club at or before the time of dissolution, and if and in so far as affect cannot be given to such provision, then to some other charitable objects.