Funding & Fundraising
ECB SMALL GRANTS SCHEME CLOSED 2017
The ECB and Cornwall Cricket Board 2017 Small Grants Scheme for clubs.
The ‘EWCT Small Grant Scheme 2017 supporting Get the Game On’ aims to create a sustainable future for affiliated Cricket Clubs. The scheme will support Clubs to make small changes to improve their long term sustainability and / or to increase the number of games played.
For the Application form click on the link – closed
For the Guidance notes click on the link – closed
Please make sure you read the Guidance notes clearly before submitting an application. Please send applications to Michelle Kent, Cornwall Cricket Centre, College Rd, Truro, TR1 3XX or email with quotes to Michelle Kent
The Deadline for applications was: 20th January 2017
Natwest Cricket Force – Registration Open for 2018
NatWest CricketForce is an initiative for cricket clubs encouraging members of the club and local community to get together to get the ground ready for the new season, whether your club is big or small it matters not. Club projects have ranged from simple paint jobs and sight screen scrubbing to brand new changing rooms, function rooms, and even a new pavilion full stop.
Whatever the project you have planned, it’ll be right for NatWest CricketForce.
To register your club for NatWest CricketForce you need to be a registered Play-Cricket user and hold either a CricketForce or Main Administration role on your club’s Play-Cricket site. For more information click here.
Club Development Booklet
For up to date information on Club Development opportunities, national and local fundraising opportunities please download the CCB Club Development Booklet Oct 2017
ECB Club Funding Links
- All – In – One Subscriptions / Match fees (discounted for early payment)
- Breakfast Club (Match Days)
- Vice Presidents annual subscription
- Themed Dinners
- Six-a-side Tournaments (Club / Pub / Other Sports)
- Superstars format activity
- Loose Change Box on the bar / in Club
- Involvement with other sports
- Golf Days (Individual club or combined with other clubs)
- Sponsorship (Make sure you sell your product to the potential Sponsor / What is in it for them)
- Mid-Season lunch for volunteers
- Pavilion Hire – health checks, Physiotherapist, Weddings, etc
- Grassroots Media (Posters in Changing rooms)
Being Operationally Smart – Some Ideas to help you consider what you do as a club to manage your Club!
- Talk to your players, do not assume you know what they want
- Create an annual club handbook to go out to the community and club members, helps sell what you do.
- Community Interest Company, register for exception from rates
- Develop a grant writing team with the skills to complete with quality
- Shop around for utilities, electricity, gas, etc.
- Community Armature Sports Clubs, CASC, Rate relief
- Clubs to have greater interaction with their local schools, communication and advertising of coaching, the future.
Moving forwards the club forums will be based on your needs, so please inform us of what you need to help us shape the events. For us to help, you need to help us so please tell us your wants for the future forums.
To help clubs we have collated the club development booklet and the club development plan template (below). The former will be updated on a regular basis so please make sure you have the up to date version on your system, download by clicking the link above.
To support clubs in annually planning for cricket activity or facility developments please see this template Development Plan compiled to support you clubs development needs. This template gives a good explanation of how to use it effectively. Click Download for a a Pdf copy or for word format Download
ECB Facility Developments and Funding
The ECB have the potential for funding Pavilion or Net projects, they are a last up funder so you need to make sure your finances are in a position to then seek top up funding. As a club you need to make the CCB aware of the project, total cost, design etc. The CCB will prioritise the project to the ECB which will allow the ECB to allocate funds in a calendar year.
To find out more follow the links below.
If you would like any advice on facility developments as a Club or indeed a School, or where your club / school currently sits within the Cornwall Facility Strategy please make contact with Joe Skinner, Cricket Development Manager.
Links to other Funders
Cornwall Sports Partnership Funding Document