Cornwall Women's Cricket Association
Launceston Ladies Festival
LAUNCESTON LADIES’ CRICKET FESTIVAL
SUNDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER 2015
This year’s competition was keenly contested between Launceston, Grampound Road A and B, Callington, Redruth and Falmouth in a round robin group so all teams played 5 games.
The games were all played in an enthusiastic and friendly atmosphere with the Redruth team retaining the title that they won last year as they went through the day unbeaten, with a particularly close winner takes all final game with Grampound Road A. Grampound batted first and made 47-2 in their 5 overs, with Redruth passing the score without loss and 3 balls to spare.
Pictured are the triumphant Redruth team: Back Row L-R: Amber Barnicoat, Sophie Richards, Gemma Richards, Mark Richards (coach); Front Row L-R: Kayleigh Richards, Tegan Smith, Joleigh Roberts.
In addition to the normal laws of cricket the following will be in use.
- Each side will consist of 6 players.
- Each match will consist of 5 overs per side.
- Maximum of 1 over per bowler.
- Every wide/no ball shall score as 2 runs. There will be no extra deliveries but the subsequent delivery to a wide or no ball will be deemed a FREE HIT ie the batsman can only be dismissed by being run out or stumped.
- The only exception will be if the last delivery of an over is a wide/no ball where 1 extra delivery shall be bowled to facilitate the free hit.
- Batsmen shall retire when they reach 20.
- Once a batsman is given out the following batsman has a maximum of 1 minute to reach the crease and be ready to face the next delivery.
- Teams shall be placed into 2 groups of 4 or 5 (or more depending on number of teams entered) with the winners and runners-up progressing to the semi finals.
- Teams do not have to wear whites but all tops must be of the same colour within team.
Teams are requested to register at the Launceston ground by 10.00 am for the first match to start at 10.30 am.
Umpires will be provided but it is requested that each team bring a scorer.
Score sheets will be provided.
As well as cricket there will be:
Bacon Butties Practice net
Cream Teas Changing + Shower facilities
Download the entry form here